Blood, and the oxygen it brings with it, is what makes sex pleasurable and possible. It's more than just making an erection possible, though obviously this is a critical piece of the puzzle.
For men, improving the vascular system around the penis creates firmer, stronger erections, and increases the sensitivity for stronger orgasms. It also results in increased arousal and libido. Some men report increased length and/or girth after PRP treatments.
For women, improving the vascular system around the vagina enhances orgasms, and can even help women that struggle to have an orgasm to have them more easily! This procedure also helps women suffering from incontinence, tightening of vaginal tissue, improved sensitivity of vaginal and clitoral tissues, increased arousal and lubrication, and increased interest in sex.
These improvements for men and women, especially when both partners do this together, can have a dramatic impact on their sex life. And as corny as it sounds, can strengthen relationships! Exploring these treatments and their benefits together, as a couple, can be extremely exciting!
STEP ONE: Schedule an appointment, which typically lasts about one hour. (You can return to work or normal activities the same day.)
STEP TWO: After a brief consultation, the procedure will begin. A topical numbing cream will be applied, to give it time to take effect. 60ml of your blood will then be drawn from the inside of one elbow.
STEP THREE: The tube holding your blood will be placed in a centrifuge for 10-15 minutes, separating the platelet-rich-plasma (PRP). This tube will then be placed in a press to allow for the most accurate extraction of the plasma. Most patients find this process to be very interesting, so you will be able to watch how we extract the PRP!
STEP FOUR: The PRP is then injected into the treatment site.
STEP FIVE: Our practitioner will spend the time instructing you about best practices to maximize the benefits of the PRP injections, including the use of a penis pump (for men) or a pelvic floor stimulator (for women).
Most practices extract the platelet-rich-plasma by carefully using a syringe to pull the PRP layer from the tube, by hand. The desired "buffy" layer is only 2-4 millimeters tall, and it is the middle layer. (See the skinny purple layer in the graphic at the top of this page.) Basically, they "eyeball it." It's a delicate process. Doing it this way usually results in only a 2-3mls of PRP.
Our process is so much more precise! We have partnered with Xcell, a leader in PRP technologies. We use a proprietary press (pictured here) that allows for extremely accurate extraction of the buffy layer. We don't eyeball it. This typically results in 8mls of PRP, increasing the effectiveness of procedure by as much as 4 times! This is such a key differentiator that we feel it's worth mentioning here. This process is incredible and we know you'll be amazed too!
1) There is little to no down-time following your G-Shot procedure
2) You may return to work the same day following your procedure.
3) You may still feel numbness in the area for several hours following your procedure.
4) Please do not use aspirin or other NSAID pain relievers (Advil, Motrin, Aleve) for one week after the procedure. You may use acetaminophen (Tylenol) as directed on the label and /or apply an ice pack to the area for any discomfort.
5) We recommend intercourse day of treatment to stimulate blood flow.
6) We recommend not using tampons for 3 days after the treatment.
7) Most patients will notice an immediate improvement in sensation, but it may take several weeks to achieve maximum result. If you have a history of bladder/stress incontinence, this should improve within a few days of your procedure.
8) Consider the Alma Duo treatment. Most women have lost muscular
tone in their pelvic floor, the G-shot can be beneficial to reducing bladder leakage, but its benefit is augmented by strengthening the muscles that help control the bladder
9) Consider Bio-identical Hormones, which also assist with repair of the tissues.
1) Showering and cleansing the treatment area are allowed. A gentle cleanser may be used on the treatment area.
2) We recommend intercourse or a penis pump as physical therapy. This encourages blood flow to the area.
3) Acetaminophen may be used for discomfort. Refrain from NSAIDs for 3 days.
4) Antihistamines, like Benadryl and Zyrtec, may be used for minor itching.
5) Arnica Gel may be used for bruising.
6) If extreme swelling or any unforeseen symptoms occur, please contact GOAT Athletic Spa.
Our team is made up of medical professionals and estheticians. Depending on the service you are receiving, a member of our team with the proper licensing, training, and certifications, will attend to you.
Very little, if at all! We use a lidocaine-based topical numbing cream that has proven extremely effective at completely blocking the pain of the injections. It works so well that we don't even need to use lidocaine injections. For most patients, the only discomfort they experience is the prick they experience when their blood is drawn, at the beginning of the procedure, while the injections at the end are usually pain-free.
Unfortunately, no. These treatments really do work and we have an incredible track record. However, like all medical procedures, results vary by patient and the results cannot be guaranteed.